Geography Key Skills KS2
- Knowledge of the seven continents and five oceans
- Location of climate zones around the world and how this affects goods grown and subsequent trade
- Use of geographical language, longitude and latitude, equator, Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
- Use of compass points and grid references to follow directions
Your children will briefly explore the history of our ship before focussing on the importance of shipping to us as an island nation. Active investigation of spices will lead the children to explore their countries of origin. They will be encouraged to think about why we need to import such goods and what we in the UK can offer to trade with the global markets.
- Introduction to HQS Wellington’s role as a Royal Navy ship
- To learn about rivers, the sea and the oceans and how they connect us to the rest of the world
- Use geographical language to pinpoint places on a map
- Understand that we import and export goods and that this is trade
- Understand why we trade with countries around the world
- Understand that climate affects what grows in other countries and that what we trade differs as a result