Terms of Access when visiting
Wellington in person.
All visitors to Wellington do so at their own risk. Wellington takes all visits seriously and has procedures and protocols to help keep you safe, with trained staff on duty at all times during your visit.
Insofar as is permitted by law, we make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that your booking will meet your requirements or expectations but aim to exercise reasonable skill and care in the provision of access to our ship and the displays on board. If, as a result of our failure to exercise reasonable care and skill, you suffer any loss or damage and you are a consumer, you may be entitled to certain legal remedies. For more details concerning your rights and remedies as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Please ensure you have selected the correct tickets when booking. Please also ensure you have selected the correct date, time, number and type of tickets required. Once purchased tickets are not transferable, exchangeable or refundable without contacting email@example.com
- Your ticket is only valid for the date printed; it is not valid for admission on any other date.
- Your confirmation email or ticket must be produced upon entry.
- Photocopies of your ticket(s) will not be accepted.
- Lost or damaged tickets will not be replaced.
- Your ticket(s) or reservation has no monetary value and is not for resale.
- Parties of 15 or more constitute a group. Group tickets cannot be purchased in advance online.
- The Wellington Trust reserves the right to refuse admission or to ask the ticket holder to leave the premises at any time.
- The Wellington Trust will store the data you supply securely and use it for the purpose of processing your order which may include us contacting you to advise of any situation which may directly affect your visit.
- We collect personal information about you, such as your name, address and the details we require for payment, when you purchase tickets.
- We collect information about you to process any orders, manage any accounts and, if you agree by giving us your consent, to contact you with updates about our latest news, events and offers which we think may be of interest to you.
- If you have signed up to hear more from us, we may also use your information to improve the relevancy of our marketing communications. We will never share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Children 16 and under must be accompanied and supervised by an adult over 18 at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted on site (except guide dogs and assistance dogs).
- To help preserve the collections, please do not touch the exhibits.
- The Wellington Trust reserves the right to refuse entry, terminate a visit, close public areas or restrict access to areas within the ship at short notice or without prior warning.
- Photography is permitted for private use only and subject to restriction where stated.
- Commercial filming is not permitted without prior permission from The Wellington Trust.
- Promotional offers are valid only as stated and cannot be used in conjunction with any offers, discounts or promotions unless they are a specific online offer, discount or promotion.
- When crossing the Victoria Embankment please watch out for cyclists.
- Please be aware that entry to the ship is via a gangway which can be steep depending on the tide. There are steps to access the quay and to access the entrance on the ship and there are steps between floors onboard the ship, some of which are steep and narrow.
- On the pontoon connecting the gangway to the ship which moves with the tide, do not step on any areas marked in RED.
- The Augmented Reality Interactive Experiences contain the sounds of warfare and may not be suitable for individuals who are affected by loud noises and the sound of explosions.
- We regret that we are unable to provide wheelchair access and pushchair access is difficult.
Last updated 07/03/2022.